2017 METRO D.C. SYNOD ASSEMBLY
June 16-17, 2017
National Conference Center in Leesburg Virg.
“Freed in Christ, Bound by Love”
- WRAP-UP – printable summary (pdf file)
- BLOG ARCHIVE: Review these in-the-moment “From the Floor” posts describing action during our 2017 event from guest blogger Esther Samuelson, including a listing of videos shown at the event
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Use #dcsynodA17 to find Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts. A Flickr album of photos is also available.
- ELCA CHURCHWIDE REPRESENTATIVE: The Rev. Elizabeth A. Eaton, ELCA presiding bishop
- EVENT CHAPLAIN: Deacon Erin Swenson-Reinhold, Center for Pastoral Counseling of Virginia
- SPECIAL GUEST: Dr. Reggie Williams, Assistant Professor of Christian Ethics, McCormick Theological SeminarY
Resolutions and Memorials adopted by a Synod Assembly are ways our synod directs its activity. Five were adopted by the 2017 Synod Assembly (pdf files).
- Greetings to Other ELCA Synods Meeting In Assembly
- Twenty Fifth Anniversary of the Gifts of Hope Program
- Membership in ELCA Congregations
- Special Expression of Thanks and Gratitude: Dr. John White
- Expression of Thanks and Gratitude
NEWLY ELECTED to synod leadership
- Synod Council Vice President – Evelyn Crenshaw
- Synod Council Treasurer – Julie Hamre
- Synod Council D.C. Conference Lay Representative – Michael Sonnenberg
- Synod Council Fairfax Conference Clergy Representative – the Rev. Albert Triolo
- Synod Council Maryland Conference Clergy Representative – the Rev. Gary Rhinesmith
- Synod Council Montgomery Conference Clergy Representative – the Rev. Sarah Lewis
- Synod Council Potomac Conference Clergy Representative – the Rev. Robert L. Lewis, Jr.
- Synod Council Virginia Conference Lay Representative – Barbara Bilodeau
- Synod Council At-Large Representative – Paul Culler
- Synod Council At-Large Representative – the Rev. Elijah Mwitanti
- Synod Council Youth/Young Adult Representative – Samuel S.
PRE-ASSEMBLY MATERIALS posted in advance to inform our gathering remain online for review.