Using Facebook Live or phone*, you are invited to join the synod staff diving into “Lasting Impact” by Carey Nieuwhof.
The synod’s New Connections campaign is prompting leaders all over our synod to think about what they can do to help their congregations grow with new people for the sake of the Gospel. Carey asks important questions and provides insights into what local congregations need to consider in order to connect with people in our communities.
On Tuesdays from 9-9:20 a.m. in Advent & Epiphany (draft plan)
Nov. 28 – Conversation #1: Why are we not growing faster?
[NOTE: No session on Dec. 5 due to overlap with Bishop’s Advent Eucharist worship service.]
Dec. 12 – Conversation #2: How do we respond as people attend church less often?
Dec. 19 – Conversation #3: Are our leaders healthy… really?
[NOTE: No session on Dec. 26 due to Christmas celebration!]
Jan. 2 – Conversation #4: What keeps high-capacity leaders from engaging our mission?
Jan. 9 – Conversation #5: Why are young adults walking away from church?
Jan. 16 – Conversation #6: What cultural trends are we missing?
Jan. 23 – Conversation #7: What are we actually willing to change?
“Join us in considering what Semper Reformanda means for your congregation today,” invites the Rev. Phil Hirsch. (That is – always reforming!)
HOW TO JOIN US
- VIEW – Watch stream from www.facebook.com/metrodcelca/
- CALL IN – On Tuesday morning, dial: Conference Dial-in # 1-712-770-8000
- Enter the code when prompted: Conference Code 335126
- COMMENT – On Facebook or Twitter, participate in the dialogue with your input. Use #dcsynod #newconnections to flag our book study flow.
Participate in the staff-guided exploration of themes from facebook.com/metrodcelca or by phoning in to a conference call. Your questions and comments are invited in advance and in real-time through social media. Get the most from the conversation by reading the thought-provoking material before the time together.
- Flyer (pdf file) – half page and/or full page
- Easy-to-share Tweet – https://twitter.com/metrodcelca/status/933022810456444929
- Easy-to-share FB Event – https://www.facebook.com/events/566135510401655/