- 2011 Spring Session Summary (pdf file)
- Minutes not yet available. They are scheduled to be adopted by the 2012 Synod Assembly.
- Advocating Against Bullying, Harassment and Related Violence (pdf file) - Taking bullying, harassment and related forms of violence seriously receives attention in this adopted resolution. Congregations locally ar encouraged to speak out against it, form partnerships to address it, and on the churchwide level encourage, support and publicize new partnerships in ministry in this area. This resolution contains a “memorial” component, because it requests action by considered by the 2011 ELCA Churchwide Assembly.
- Expression of Thanks and Gratitude (pdf file) – The resolution format is used here to express thanks for staff, volunteers, visitors, guests and other leaders who help provide a positive Synod Assembly experience.
- Greetings (pdf file) – Four synods in addition to our own were meeting in an overlapping time period in Assembly. Best wishes are extended to them in their parallel experience.
- Human Rights Violations Against the Oromo People (pdf file) – The well-being of the Oromo people is the focus of this adopted resolution with encouragement for prayer and request for developmental and military aid to the government of Ethiopia being tied to compliance with internationally-recognized human rights agreements. A memorial component asks the 2011 ELCA Churchwide Assembly to introduce education and advocacy on behalf of the human rights of the Oromo people.
- Investment for Positive Change in Palestine (pdf file) – This memorial requests action of the 2011 ELCA Churchwide Assembly to encourage various expressions of the ELCA “to consider making positive economic investments in those Palestinian projects and businesses that peacefully strengthen the economic and social fabric of Palestinian society.”
- Kairos Palestine Response (pdf file) – Reception of the “Kairos Palestine document” is resolved by this action and affirmation of its belief that ”The mission of the Church is prophetic, to speak the Word of God courageously, honestly and lovingly in the local context and in hte midst of daily events.” An invitation to Bishop Munib A. Younan, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land, to speak with our synod members will be extended by this resolution. Memorialized actions for consideration of the 2011 ELCA Churchwide Assembly include encouraging discussion of the Kairos Palestine document in other parts of the ELCA and review of how investment fund management within the ELCA including the ELCA Foundation and ELCA Board of Pensions.
- Policies on Child Protection and Sexual Misconduct(pdf file) – This adopted resolution directs the synod bishop to provide resources to raise awareness of sexual abuse and sexual harassment issues within congregations, and help congregations make theirs a safe place for victims of abuse, including through formal policies. A team of advisers is designated through this action to assist the synod and congregations should allegations of child/adult sexual abuse or harassment surface.
- Representation of Episcopal Dioceses on Synod Program Units (pdf file) – A new way to live into full communion relationship is recommended through this resolution by inviting appointment of liaisons to synod program units from local Episcopal dioceses.
- Pre-Assembly Materials 2011 - posted in advance of Spring Session
- From the Floor of the 2011 Synod Assembly – archived blog posts
- “Callings” – a video from Project Connectshown during the Synod Assembly.
- “Seeing Our Building As Others Do” resources, including a first impressions survey tool and slides, from the workshop conducted on the topic.
- Worship Sermon – Find audio on the ”Listen In” page of Bishop Graham’s sermon, preached from Matthew 21:23-32.
- Worship Sermon (pdf file) – Printout text of Bishop Graham’s sermon is also available.
- Keynote Address – Find audio on the ”Listen In” page of Dr. Len Sweet’s two-part keynote address.
- Feedback from Secret Visitors - Shared from the podium by the Rev. Phil Hirsch, read “Which mat is at your door?” – containing tips on what looks like a WELCOME mat and what looks like a GO AWAY mat according to reports from visitors to synod congregations.
- POVs on Being a Visitor videos - Clips were used to help us feel anew something we’re used to – visiting a church on Sunday. Two videos were shown, and two were waiting in the wings.
- PHOTO ALBUM – Fall Session
- PHOTO ALBUM – Spring Session