Metro D.C. Synod Assembly
Friday & Saturday, June 16-17, 2017
National Conference Center in Leesburg, Virg.
THEME: “Freed in Christ, Bound by Love”
- $350 – Rostered Leaders & Voting Members (plus $110/night lodging as required)
- $170 – Visitors
- $50 – Displays
- The Rev. Elizabeth, A. Eaton, ELCA presiding bishop, will join us.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- In the Synod Assembly Notification Letter (link to pdf – sent 3/2/17 by Secretary Kevin Anderson), the number of Voting Members from each of our synod congregations is identified based upon current congregational data.
- Visitors are also invited to register.
- All Rostered Ministers who cannot attend the Assembly must send a letter to the Bishop (Attn: Synod Secretary) requesting to be excused.
- Online Application for Display Space (link)
- Request deadline is April 23, 2017
- Assembly Display Policy (pdf file)
- This policy document explains how applications will be reviewed by the Synod Assembly Planning Team and prioritized.
- NOTE: Display members should also register for Synod Assembly AFTER they receive notification of display acceptance.
Synod Assembly provides an opportunity for various units of the synod to present Resolutions (requesting action to be taken locally or passed on to an ELCA unit) and Memorials (requesting consideration by the 2019 ELCA Churchwide Assembly) for consideration by Voting Members.
- All drafts of Resolutions and Memorials must be received by Monday, May 15, 2017 to both the Synod Secretary and the Chair of the Reference and Counsel Committee.
- “Resolutions and Memorials Guidelines and Information” (pdf file) share significant content, formatting and submission information including a Sample Resolution an Sample Memorial.
- “Resolution/Memorial Submittal Form” (rtf file) should accompany submission of a Draft Resolution/Memorial.
- Template (rtf file) is provided to assist with formatting a Draft Resolution/Memorial.
- Questions? Contact the Rev. Mark Edwards, Chair, Reference and Counsel Committee at mark.d.edwards79gmail.com.
POSITIONS OF SYNOD LEADERSHIP TO BE ELECTED:
- All forms and a photo should be submitted by Wednesday, May 15, 2017 to the Rev. Albert Triolo, Chair, Nominations Committee, at atriolostmarks-elca.org.
- Questions? Contact Pr. Triolo at atriolostmarks-elca.org.
- Vice President (4 year term, incumbent eligible for reelection)
- D.C. Conference Lay Representative (2 year term)
- Fairfax Conference Clergy Representative (2 year term, incumbent eligible for reelection)
- Maryland Conference Clergy Representative (2 year term, incumbent eligible for reelection)
- Montgomery Conference Clergy Representative (2 year term, incumbent eligible for reelection)
- Potomac Conference Clergy Representative (2 year term, incumbent eligible for reelection)
- Virginia Conference Lay Representative (2 year term)
- At-Large Representative (2 openings, 2 year terms, incumbents eligible for reelection)
- Youth/Young Adult Representative (1 year term, incumbent eligible for reelection)
- Lay Representative (6 year term, 2 openings)
- Clergy Representative (6 year term, 2 openings)