The following forms are completed annually. Below are links for electronic filing through the ELCA Web site.
- Annual Congregation Reports - due around Feb. 15 annually (previously called “Parochial Reports”)
- Online reporting is preferred. Use links below.
- Same forms, different format (pdf files) – available as useful
- Annual Rostered Leader’s Report to the Synod Bishop (link) – Use “send” function on fillable pdf report form, or send completed form directly to Bishop Graham
- TIPS for Completing Rostered Leaders’ Reports are available in a Staff Insights blog post
- Statement of Intent 2016 (link to fillable Survey Monkey file)
Link to these forms from Portico Benefit Services (formerly called the ELCA Board of Pensions), including
- Change of Call Report
- End of Call Notification
- Rollover Forms for the ELCA Retirement Plan
- and more
At times of congregational transition
- From Pastoral Vacancy to Installation: A Handbook from the Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Synod, ELCA (2011 edition), also known as the “Vacancy Manual”
- Covenant for Interim Ministry (pdf file, 8/2014 edition)
Background Checks – Completion of background check required of all adults working with youth at synodical events. Send this form to the synod office to the attention of Katharyn Wheeler. Fees associated with a Background Check will be determined based on individual factors. Direct questions to kwheelermetrodcelca.org or 202-417-3678.