Job Description: Administrative Assistant, Metropolitan Washington, D.C Synod, ELCA
Application Deadline: Until position is filled Start Date: Immediately
The Administrative Assistant primarily supports the Assistant to the Bishop and the Director for Evangelical Mission, with the occasional support for the office of the Bishop and the Synod staff. This person must be proactive and very organized with close attention to detail, a strong writer, flexible, grace filled, and able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision. The Administrative Assistant has extensive interaction with leaders throughout the Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Synod and must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Direct support for the Rev. Erin Swenson-Reinhold and Rev. Lamar Bailey:
- Update and organize the database of congregations in transition
- Request monthly reports from all interim pastors.
- Assist pastors and congregation leaders as needed in matters concerning Mobility, such as the
- Vacancy Handbook, Salary/Compensation Guidelines and Ministry Site Profiles.
- Complete, distribute, and file candidate profile form
- Schedule phone, video, and in-person meetings with potential candidates
- Update and organize the database of potential candidates.
- Manage the calendars of Pastor Bailey and Pastor Swenson-Reinhold, as needed.
- Coordinate individual and group travel for Pastor Bailey and Pastor Swenson-Reinhold
- Draft emails and thank you letters as needed
Candidacy Support and Evangelical Mission Support:
- Organize online and hardcopy files pertaining to candidates for rostered ministry in the ELCA.
- Communicate with the Candidacy Committee Chair to make sure all documents are received and organized.
- Assist the Candidacy Committee Chair in preparation for the Candidacy Committee meetings
- Provide administrative support for New and Renewing Mission Table Chair and Stewardship and Mission Support Chair, as needed
- Communicate with the New and Renewing Mission Table Chair and Stewardship and Mission Support Chair in order to make sure all documents are received and organized.
- Provide hospitality to welcome guests for in-person meetings.
- Provide technical assistance during Candidacy Committee and table meetings as needed.
General Synod Support:
- Provide the agenda and related materials for weekly Synod staff meetings.
- Answer phone calls to the Synod’s main phone number as needed.
- Operate elevator intercom to welcome guests.
- Print and make copies of documents for synod staff as needed.
- Provide support and hospitality to Synod events as needed.
- Attend various meetings to record minutes as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Drive, Google calendar, and Google Drive
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Employment Type and Salary Range: Part time, 20 hours $20/hour
Interested persons should email a resume and cover letter to Pastor Erin Swenson- Reinhold, Assistant to the Bishop, firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about our Synod visit: http://metrodcelca.org/our-synod/