Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Synod
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
305 E Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Find a list of phone extensions on the “Staff” page.
- METRO – The Judiciary Square Metro stop is conveniently located around the corner from the new synod office. The Red Line train comes into the station. Exit toward 4th Street and walk toward the steeple of First Trinity Lutheran Church. One turn and you’re there. Ring the bell or call for access.
- Track work on the Metro lines may impact your visit. See “SafeTrack” note below.
- PARKING – Very limited street and parking garage parking available in the vicinity of 4th & E Streets.
- On-street parking you might find is metered and enforced until 10:00 p.m.
- Pins on this map indicate parking garage possibilities: http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=5-YMh0ykDI
- Here’s another map indicating area parking: http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/305_e_street_northwest_washington/.
- There is limited, free parking after 6:30 p.m. on the west side of 4th Street between E and F Streets.
- “SAFETRACK” IMPLICATIONS
- Metrorail work has potential impact on your commute to the synod office. This work is referred to as “SafeTrack,” a plan to address safety recommendations and rehabilitate the Metrorail system to improve safety and reliability. The following schedule was sent to the synod office by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) on 5/24/16. The most up-to-date info should be posted to www.wmata.com/rail/safetrack.cfm .
- The WMATA notice we received said: “Due to reduced capacity and expected longer travel times, Metrorail riders are encouraged to consider using alternate travel options while safety surge work is scheduled on their line”