Camps and retreats have long been defining experiences designed to encourage people to hear, respond and develop as spiritual leaders, called to inspire and lead in lives of love. In February 2016, celebrate “I LOVE CAMP” month in your congregation – a chance to rejoice, remember, pray for and visit Caroline Furnace Lutheran Camp and Retreat Center in Fort Valley, Virginia and Mar-Lu-Ridge Camp and Retreat Center in Jefferson, Maryland.
Observance of “I LOVE CAMP” month was an action of the 2014 Metro D.C. Synod Assembly. Materials from the camps are available to help your congregation get to know opportunities in outdoor ministry even better.
- INTRODUCTORY LETTER – includes ways to get involved in February and beyond
- PRAYERS – one for each week of the month
- LITANY FOR CAMPS using Psalm 19 – “…You bid us come see and experience beauty near and far in trees and mountains…”
- WEEKLY HIGHLIGHT PAGES
- Week #1 (Feb. 7) -“Changing Lives – Making Friends – Sharing God’s Unconditional Love“
- Week #2 (Feb. 14) – “Places of Sanctuary: Learning about our natural world and growing in faith“
- Week #3 (Feb. 21) – “Summer camp changes lives!“
- Week #4 (Feb. 28) – “A Place Apart“
- #WHYCAMP HASHTAG GRAPHIC – “Download the sign, snap a photo and send it to us. We will post on Facebook and Instagram,” says Sarah Lefler, Mar-Lu-Ridge Executive Director (email@example.com).
Both camps even have summer schedules available for dreaming of warmer days! Join the fun and celebrate “I love camp” in February.