Growth & Exploration in Campus Ministries
The Metro D.C. Synod is currently considering grant requests to support congregations within the synod who are exploring and/or launching partnerships with their local community, state, and private colleges or universities in ministry.
This initiative will allow churches in our synod to explore personal connections with those colleges and universities. The hope is to continue to engage, be in dialogue with and walk alongside students during this special time in their lives in the name of Christ.
Special consideration will be given if you propose:
- Bible study opportunities for students
- Additional worship opportunities for students
- Joint service project opportunities with students
- Justice or mercy oriented
- Churches that demonstrate creative approaches for campus ministry and/or partnership
- Has the potential to be replicated in other congregations or synodical organizations
- Teaching, raising awareness or a partnership with one of the following (in connection with a college/university):
LGBTQIA+ and Gender Inclusive Ministries
Homeless Ministries or Support
Community Outreach Ministries
Assisting Minority Communities
Please be sure to review all of the materials and policies provided below prior to submitting your grant application. The grant application has been provided in Microsoft Word format so you can easily complete the form.
How to Apply
Please return one original copy of your full application and all supporting materials either by mail or electronically (preferred). You must also submit a one-to-three-page summary of your request.
Please Mail to:
The Rev. David C. Shank
Assistant to the Bishop for Generosity
5699 Meridale Road
Baltimore, MD 21228
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org