Upgrade your congregation’s digital presence
by Karen Krueger
Some of us are sticking our toe in the water, some of us are swimming the Channel, but all of us hear the water lapping. A great Digital Church webinar series is planned yet this year by our Episcopal neighbors, and Metro D.C. Synod congregations are invited to the free opportunity to explore sending our message into the digital environment.
While Web presence has long replaced the brochure as a dominant means of telling the curious about what happens past our doors, other digital opportunities can also expand our impact. Did you know, for example, nine of the top 20 most active pages on Facebook in 2012 were faith-based?*
Pick and choose any free training session hosted by the Episcopal Diocese of Washington (EDOW) that interests you. Go to www.edow.org/digitalchurch for live participation at the designated hour, or review an archived presentation as available after-the-fact.
- “How to Empower Parish Technology with Google Apps” – Completed (Wed. 11/13)
- “Five Essential Technology Best Practices for Churches” – Tue. 11/26 at 1 p.m.
- “How Parishes Can Get Effectively Engaged in Social Media” – Wed. 12/4 at 1 p.m.
- “What’s Wrong with Our Website: The Keys to Understanding a Successful Web Presence” – Wed. 12/11 at 1 p.m.
Special thanks to Peter Turner, EDOW Technology & Communications Director, for welcoming synod congregations as we all seek to maximize our effectiveness in the digital age.
* Statistic related by Ash Greyson at Odyssey Networks Annual Conference (9/30/13)